Hire vs BuyPosted May 10, 2018
We understand that it can be a difficult decision when you’re trying to decide whether to hire or buy a machine.
At Mainline, we’ve been operating for over 35 years and we’re experts in the hire industry. We want to provide you with the positives and negatives of hiring your kit rather than buying it. Hopefully, you can then make an educated decision based on the facts we’ve given you.
If you still can’t decide, you can always give us a call on 01283 222044!
Why should you hire?
- Immediate availability for short-term needs.
- Extensive ranges of high-quality equipment available and regularly updated.
- Consumable items supplied on a sale or return basis. This means you won’t run into overstocks.
- Contemporary safety advice
- Clear demonstration and instruction on safe use and operation of equipment involved.
- Relevant PPE issued with every hire
- LOLER and breakdowns covered as part of hire meaning we cover all the costs of this.
- We can deliver and collect the machine a lot quicker than doing it with your own fleet.
Why shouldn’t you buy?
- Capital investment required
- Capital investment replacement programme required
- Storage requirements
- Direct maintenance costs
- Site downtime
- Transport requirements
Below we’ve included HAE’s Hire vs Buy calculator…
This tool enables any stakeholder involved with construction equipment to accurately assess whether it is more commercially viable to rent or purchase a specific piece of construction equipment for any given situation.
By inputting a few simple variables, such as acquisition cost, financing, utilisation rate, maintenance and other costs as well as resale rate, this calculator values the cost implications of renting kit rather than buying it.
© 2018 Hire Association Europe Ltd. All rights reserved.