Confined Space Training
This course is designed to give candidates an understanding of the regulations and what the regulations mean for the employee as well as the employer. (The course can be tailored to the needs of individual companies).
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
What the Course Covers
• Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA)
• Outcomes of the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997
• Personal protection and hygiene requirements
• Risk assessing residual hazards
• Safe system of work
• Types of gaseous atmosphere, portable gas monitoring equipment and its use
• The use of harness/tripod/fall arrest
• The use of escape breathing apparatus
• The use of working/rescue breathing apparatus
• The use of fresh air breathing apparatus and powered respirators
By the end of the Course
Delegates will achieve an understanding of how to plan any work in a confined space, including equipment selection and how to put safety measures into place.