Counterbalance Forklift Trucks
This training will contribute to the company satisfying the requirements placed on employers by legislation for the correct training of their staff.
Course Duration: 1 - 5 Days
What the Course Covers
• Check fuel, battery, oil and water. Check motive and hydraulic controls, seat brakes, horn, steering and gauges. Complete weekly report.
• Mount and dismount correctly, adjust seat, starting and stopping engine/power. Driving under control in both directions. Applying brakes correctly. Selecting a safe parking area.
• Steer the truck, laden and unladen, forwards and in reverse. Position truck accurately in relation to obstacles and loads.
• Identify hydraulic components. Operate controls smoothly and correctly.
• Factors which may affect stability, capacity plate, load centre, lift capacity, causes of lateral and longitudinal instability.
• Danger of overloading and unsafe condition. Derate truck when fitting attachments e.g. sideshift, box tippers, bulk buckets, etc.
• Stack and destack both flat and corner post pallets up to maximum lift height of truck, position 90° in aisle for stacking/unstacking.
• Driving laden and unladen under control.
• Loading and unloading palletized goods over both sides of a lorry.
• Appreciate the need to operate trucks safely and correctly in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work act L.O.L.E.R. 98 and P.U.W.E.R. 98 and also to observe the company safety rules.