This course is designed to provide training to novice and existing operators who have received no formal training and to train operators to correctly prepare, safely drive and correctly maintain a ride-on roller.
Course Duration: 1 Day
What the Course Covers
• Setting the roller for compaction duties
• The basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
• The aims and principles of compaction
• Minor adjustments and routine service procedures
• Rolling plans and setting up for compaction
• Rolling techniques including the principles of compaction
• Compacting up to supported and unsupported edges, camber, cross fall, obstructions and radius
• Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
• Safety procedures when compacting on inclines
By the end of the Course
Delegates will be able to prepare an area for compaction, compact different materials to given instructions, identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions, know the capabilities and limitations of the ride-on roller and associated attachments and manoeuvre and operate the machine safely to an adequate standard.