Telehandler Training Course
The CPCS telehandler training course is designed to provide the practical skills and the operating safety knowledge necessary for the safe and efficient operation of a Telehandler.
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
What the Telehandler Course Covers
• Checking fuel, battery, oil, and water. Checking motive and hydraulic controls, seat, brakes, horn, steering, and gauges. Completing a weekly report.
• Mounting and dismounting correctly, adjusting the seat, starting and stopping the engine/power. Driving under control in both directions. Applying brakes correctly. Selecting a safe parking area.
• Steering the truck, laden and unladen, forwards and in reverse. Positioning the truck accurately in relation to obstacles and loads. Using all steering modes – 4 wheels, 2 wheels & crab steer.
• Identifying hydraulic components, including stabilizer legs or self-leveling body. Operating controls smoothly and correctly.
• Identifying factors which may affect stability: capacity plate, load centre, lift capacity, causes of lateral and longitudinal instability.
• Understanding the dangers of overloading and unsafe conditions. Derating truck when fitting attachments i.e. sideshift, box tippers, bulk buckets, etc.
• Stacking and destacking both flat and corner post pallets up to maximum lift height of truck, positioning for stacking / destacking.
• Driving laden and unladen under control. Use of traction aids.
• Loading and unloading palletized goods over both sides of a lorry.
• Appreciating the need to operate trucks safely and correctly and to observe the company safety rules.
• Loading a bulk lorry or trailer with bulk material (position and stability).
• Positioning of forks and boom.
• Legal requirements.