Basic Work at Height
The course syllabus is intended to provide basic information for anyone involved in or affected by work at height. The aim of this course is to ensure that personnel are aware of the legal and best practice requirements when using fall protection equipment, and are aware of their responsibilities.
Course Duration: 1/2 Day Course
What the Course Covers
• Understand the effects of gravity and its consequences
• To have an understanding of the legislation and guidance with regards to working at height and fall protection equipment
• Recognise the main hazards and risks in connection to work at height
• Understand the need for a rescue plan
• Correctly identify appropriate anchorage points
• Identify safe systems of work using ladders
• Perform a pre-use inspection of work at height equipment (harness/lanyard)
• Demonstrate a good understanding of the three types of fall protection systems and the components used in these systems
• Basic knowledge for the selection of products for basic work at height applications
• Correctly don a harness
By the end of the Course
Delegates will understand working at height awareness and best practice requirements when using fall protection equipment. Delegates will be issued with a certificate which shows they are competent working at heights.